A child has died after an an E.coli outbreak in Scotland that has been linked to a brand of blue cheese. A multi-agency incident management team (IMT) chaired by Health Protection Scotland was investigating an outbreak of the same strain of E.coli 0157 in which 20 people were infected, 11 of them severely enough to require hospitalization. E. coli 0157 infection can occur after eating food or drinking water that is contaminated with the feces from infected animals, or from contact with animals or their environments. See more here.