A recent incident in the United Kingdom illustrates how expensive even a single incident of product tampering can be to a company. A single, foil-wrapped, milk-chocolate bunny was found to contain a button battery, which could be a choking hazard or cause burns if swallowed. Finding the one button battery inside the hollow bunny resulted in the recall of the product nationwide by a British grocery store chain, Co-op. The chain had to recall 165,000 hollow milk-chocolate Santas last year for the same reason. The bunnies were made by a German company, Wawi, which has production facilities on four continents. READ MORE